The Department of Otolaryngology at Alexandria university Faculty of Medicine is strongly focused on the importance of high quality academic and clinical training of residents and medical students and the delivery of compassionate, up-to-date health care.
Emphasis is placed on academic achievement and consultation in clinical matters across all aspects of the specialty of Otolaryngology.
- To provide primary, secondary and tertiary health care in otolaryngology to all seeking such help.
- To maintain state-of-the-art and balanced clinical programs so that graduates are more than adequately prepared to practice in any medical setting.
- To expose residents to excellent teaching and research processes and to direct them in their pursuit of research interests so that upon graduation they will possess the confidence and credentials to consider academic medicine as a career choice.
- To familiarize medical students with the specialty so as to provide them with a competent basic education in primary ENT care, implying various modern teaching tools including academic lecturing , clinical rounds, multimedia presentations.
- To maintain and develop a well balanced student and post-graduate level-assessment procedures including clinical, oral, operative, MCQ examinations as well as practical testing using radiologic material, pathologic specimens,temporal bone and other cadaveric anatomical specimens, histopathologic slides audiologic, ABR and ENG graphs etc..
- To encourage post-graduate training programs for fellows and residents and to provide post-Graduate training opportunities and continuing medical education through departmental courses, meetings and conferences.
- To increase the levels of academic, clinical, and research collaborations with other departments in Alexandria Faculty of Medicine and the university at large, as well as with other non-Egyptian Otolaryngologic departments and organizations.